Little Tykes Half Day Camps – Boys & Girls
The Little Tykes Camps are introductory programs for local area players from Aurora, Newmarket and the GTA, along with vacationers staying within commuting distance. The primary purpose of the program is to give young, aspiring players an introduction to the ‘Camp Experience’ with an ice time, a recreational activity and a ‘snack’ each day.
Little Tykes 1: July 6-9, 2015
Little Tykes 2: August 3-6, 2015
LOCATION: Stronach Aurora Recreation Complex
Little Tykes 1 & 2: Ages 4 to 6 (2009-11 birth years)
The Little Tykes Day Camps are designed with grassroots players in mind who are relatively new to the game. Players who will most benefit from these weeks are those who are preparing to play organized hockey for the first time, or those who have less than 2 years of experience. Limit of 24 skaters.
- Fully supervised program with Roger Neilson’s on and off-ice staff
- One on-ice sessions per day
- Introductory power-skating instruction
- On-ice confidence building
- Daily ‘hockey craft’ and recreational activity
- Snack provided
- TIMES: Mon-Thu: 12:30 – 3:30 pm daily (Drop off & Pick-up at the SARC)
- Fees include a Roger Neilson’s practice sweater
- One hour on-ice daily (Mon-Thu)
- Introductory skating skills & techniques to improve balance, stride and power
- Introductory puck skills including stickhandling, passing and shooting
- On-ice ‘Fun & Games’
- Arts & Crafts daily – hockey style
- Recreational activities including field sports and ‘Fun & Games’
- Co-operative games emphasizing team work and confidence building
Word of Mouth
My son just spent a week at Roger Neilson’s Camp… and he is already talking about wanting to go back next year!!! He had an amazing time, learned many things and met wonderful people!!!
My son just got back on Friday and has already made plans for next summer. He had a blast!!!
I can’t wait to come back this year, I really had fun last summer!
Roger Neilson´s Hockey Camp was a magical place for my son. Whenever summer started, he was just so excited to leave home and go to camp, it was surprising. A great place to get better at hockey and have lots of fun!
Little Tykes 2: August 3-6, 2015 (Mon-Thu)*
Hours: 12:30 – 3:30 pm daily
*Camp operates on the August holiday Monday
*Combine both weeks for $425 (plus HST)
Payment: Personal cheque, Money order, Visa/MasterCard, E-Transfer. Credit cards processed in Canadian funds. Contact the Camp Office to pay by US check.
1400 Wellington St. E
Aurora, ON L4G 7B6
Added Benefits & Planning
- Multiple family member discount
- Combine the Little Tykes 1 & Little Tykes 2 for added savings
- Register early and save 5%
- This program is best suited for 4-6 year olds with limited experience
- 6 year olds who have been playing for 2 or more years should consider enrolling in our Full Day programs which operate Mon-Fri (8:30 am – 5:00 pm)
- What to Bring: Campers are required to wear full equipment (see ‘Camp Prep’ manual for complete list)
- Parents are not required to help players with dressing but are welcome to do so if desired
- Sun protection (sunscreen, hat), athletic clothing and running shoes, water bottle
- Roger Neilson’s Day Camps do not include lunch service
- Snack provided each day (nut free)
- Please ensure your child has eaten lunch prior to arriving at the arena (pack extra ‘nut free’ snacks if necessary)